Friday, May 21, 2010

the pressure

You would probably not think that making a record is a difficult task.  It is the mtv guys hanging in some cool room with a bunch of cables and cool lighting; and don't get me wrong, it is something amazing.  But there is also this incredible pressure to create the songs as you imagined and spent copious amounts of time on crafting every melodic line and chord to go with it.  My need to bring them from the paper to the audio recording with perfection is this insanely driving force.  It's hard to explain, but imagine whatever is the single most important goal in your life, the thing you could also not really believe would come to fruition, and then you are actually in the middle of it.  I am doing that very thing... I feel so blessed to be here.

This record will surprise you, it will engage, and you will feel connected with these songs... after all I am a dreamer, and I believe it ...

  

1 comment:

  1. Waiting with baited breath and hands folded in prayer as I know God is leading you in all the right directions...

    ReplyDelete