Wednesday, May 19, 2010

LA... Day 1

Today, was a great day.  First things first, even driving in LA is not for the faint of heart. I think I could forfeit my time at the gym just with the pulse raising experience of finding my way to the studio.  But, alas, I did make it... safe and sound.

Justin, my producer, and I, began today working on the "pre-production" or the road map for the tunes. This process is sometimes challenging as the songwriter because you (I) have to take an objective look at the tunes from the vantage point of the listener.  Do the works convey what you are really saying?  Does the melody here work with the passage of the chords... does the song make sense as a whole?  There are many many questions that are part of this experience.

Today we worked through two tunes, start to finish.  By finished, it means that we have a full coordinated roadmap for us to follow once we are ready to begin actually recording the tracks that go onto the record.  I am thrilled to get to work with Justin Glasco, a dear friend, and phenomenally talented musician and producer.  It is hard for me to believe this day, my first day recording my record, is actually here.  It is a good day.

Here is the first studio shot... a visual from the "office" for the next few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the exileration you are feeling. We are all pulling for you, and yes a bit jealous of your amazing gifts!

    AdaGag

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have truly been given a gift, a light if you will - and the world is a much brighter place because you are sharing it.

    ReplyDelete