Friday, April 9, 2010

A Little Humble Pie


Playing out is something I love, almost more than anything in the world... (yes, my beautiful wife Stacy... you would still be before that.)  But last night, as usual with me... I was invited up to play at the singer songwriter showcase at Bayshore Landing, and of course... my brain froze!  I mean, words gone, brain dead, life... stopped.  Writing songs is such a huge part of who I am, and it is so frustrating to then forget the words I have gone over time and time and time again.


So, for anyone out there who can just memorize... (yes Paul... my college roommate who could memorize an entire aria in 30 minutes... JERK :) that is such a blessing.  For those of you who fall in my category... well, here is to more practice.


Most of all, this is a great reminder I am still one person... a simple, human being... not better, wiser, or greater than any human being. As I prepare the Steven Curtis Chapman tune The Change for Sunday,  I am reminded... 


What about the change
What about the difference
What about the grace
What about forgiveness
What about a life that's showing
I'm undergoing the change, yeah
I'm undergoing the change



What about being reminded that everything in life is worth a little more effort.  Back to rehearsal... for this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment