Friday, September 24, 2010

meaning in miscarriage

I have spent the past 24 hours working on a video to introduce my song Forever Now that I just released on my new album, and it has been more difficult than I really imagined.  My wife and I went through a miscarriage last December, and we were at the doctors office for Stacy's three month check-up, and they discovered the baby didn't have a heartbeat. We were lost, terrified, and broken.

Then people began sharing their stories with us... stories of how they had lost children, sometimes several miscarriages in a row or in between other children.  I just imagined each of those wonderful people, their stories, our own story, and those days when it was even less "ok" to talk about this topic.

So this morning, after finally getting the video together, doing an introduction to it and getting it posted to youtube ... I found myself looking for others who may have shared that similar experience.  And I certainly found what I was looking for... there are so many videos out there to children who had passed with just as many scenarios.  Heartbreaking ... and it took me back to last December and the emotion of that entire experience.

There is one more part of the story though...

That Stacy and I are expecting ... in December, 2010.

lots of love to you today... wherever you are, whatever you are doing, and however life is.

nb

No comments:

Post a Comment