Thursday, July 1, 2010

not a good waiter

As in.  Patience.

I am pretty sure this is a reoccurring theme for me, probably something I should be writing a song about. Haven't found the song yet, but I certainly have the impatience part down.

For one thing, I have several really amazing things happening in my life... at least ALMOST.  As a writer I have a record that I went, recorded 10 songs, and I am now waiting to the ALMOST have this record in my hand.  The pain!

Does it really hurt.  No. Well, kind of.  I know that these things, these moments, are just little microcosmic events that are not long term no matter how much I dwell on them or believe they are the end all of my life.

How about this one... I am going to be a DAD!  I can't help myself reading about week 24 and week 33 because I love learning, and I am impatient!  (Yes, and momma... we are on week 14 for those wondering.)

So all in all, what you are hearing is perhaps 30% whining, and 70% just the dealing with... waiting.  There are so many cool things happening in my life and I am so thankful, grateful and blessed.  Sometimes it is just hard for me to wait, be patient, and let things happen in the time of say... in the way that god connects all things, rather than me trying to control everything ... in vein.

Alas.  I can't wait for you to hear the record.  I can't wait for my cd release show.  I can't wait for a few things I can't tell you about yet!  AND... I can't wait to be a dad. 

Patience is a virtue they say.  Where can I buy one!?

1 comment:

  1. LOL Nathan! You are sooo human! My last kid's sermon I gave them all pieces of a puzzle and we tried to put them together but I had 3 puzzles mixed up. God sees the big picture where as we only see pieces and we want to throw them together as quick as possible. What would have made it better is if I had hidden some of the pieces to get placed in later.....

    ReplyDelete